Vatsy-Speaks

Monday, October 29, 2007

Nasha-Nasha

I had a bad night yesterday. A severe headache coupled with so many unanswered questions. Last time I faced something similar was when I was trying to solve the IRIS puzzles on the IIM-Indore site.

Anyways I don't think I'm still over it. After reaching back home, only thing I did before surrendering to sleep was to go through various sites and posts and try to get all my questions answered which were in some way or other were disturbing me.
Did get answers to few of them but at the end realised it was all beyond my thinking and imaginations.

The Aatma - Parmatma concept, the body - soul concept, the heaven -hell concept, the dream-reality concept, they don't entice me. I'm not saying I'm above all this, its just that they all are way above my thinking. I think I'm a very "chota sa" human being with little or no frustrations towards the life or the system for that matter. Yes, I do feel dejected sometimes, I do feel defeated sometimes but to link all this with the aatma thing is just too much to ask from me.


I watched "No-Smoking" yesterday and if somebody asks me whether to see it or not I would say it is like the "saap chuchundar ka khel". If you don't see it you'll miss a phenomenon and if you see it you'll end up asking yourself, why did I come here. No, its not that movie is bad, but you need to have a super IQ, EQ, SQ and an AQ(art-quotient) to understand what the movie was trying to say exactly, or maybe you need to see it again and again and again to understand each and every metaphor that the movie had.

I'm no Einstein or an Osho, the fight between the body and soul doesn't make any sense to me. But may be for Anurag Kashyap it did. May be for hundreds of people from the aam-junta it will make a sense. People who can think out of the box, but for a average and above -average intelligent movie-goers it won't, trust me it won't. And that's why so much of criticism for this movie. Coming out of the theatre I could see people holding their, shaking it contemplating what went in last twenty mins.
I also had lot of questions and I'm sure a day will come when I'll have answers to all of them.

Its a movie you must watch and then regret why you watched it. Its that kind of movie which will make you think and will get you nightmares (I had few last night!!!)



"To be is to do"--Socrates.....

"To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.....

"Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra....

3 Comments:

Blogger Ravi Shekhar said...

"Bidi jalayale ke is vishal desh main cigreatte gulzar" note: with a speeling mistake.

Itne bade desh main itni choti choti galtiyaan to hoti hi hain

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Pritesh Jain said...

Heard You had 1-1 with the man himself. Sahi jaa rahe ho bhaiya. Abhi yadi movie samajh me aa gayi ho to ham logo ko bhi samajha dena... :P

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger Vatsy said...

@Prits
Ya man!!! Anurag Kashyap was online on rediff one day. I asked him if he is planning to make a sequel to No Smoking as nobody understood the concept... He said, I have the idea, do you have the money ;)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home