Vatsy-Speaks

Thursday, March 13, 2008

R u Free 2nite?

Time : Evening, around 5 pm.

Date : About two months back


SMS : So… r u free today evening?

Sent to : A number saved on my cell which I assumed was of a friend’s friend. This message was the first message I sent to her after talking over gtalk whole day.
(Just to clarify things I had taken an off that day and was not wasting my office resources )


Two minutes later……

Trin Trin…Trin Trin (My mobile rings)

Call from unknown number, but it looks a little familiar, must be some credit card exec.

Anyways, i picked up the call…

Me : Hello

She : Hello… Who is this?

Me : Excuse Me… You have called, you should tell me who are you?

She : I got a message from your no.


Me thinks… “Oh Shit! Did I send the msg on wrong no?? But it was her no. only….


Me : This is Vivek here.

She : Vivek, Vivek Vatsal…

Me : Yes…


Me still thinking …is that her only and playing prank on me or I actually have sent the msg to some wrong no.

She : Oh Hi, Vivek, this is Priya from Cisco Systems


Me falls from the sky… Trying to regain my composure… and trying to speak as if nothing has happened

Me : Oh.. I’m so sorry.. I was sending that msg to a friend, looks like by mistake I sent it to you.


She : Hey that’s ok…

And then she started laughing whole heartedly.... I was feeling like such a moron, of all the people how can I do such a mistake and that too with a HR from CISCO...

Me: I’m really very sorry.


She : No problems, anyways your offer letter is ready , you can come and collect it.

She again starts laughing :-( Poor Me!!!


Me : Ya sure… thanks and sorry once again


Me disconnected the Phone immediately!!!!!



Surely one of the most embarrassing moments of my life :-D



By the way I have the correct no. of my friend’s friend now but still struggling to find her free sometime 

5 Comments:

Blogger Pritesh Jain said...

Dude...

Now that you had already commited the mistake, you could have continued with it. Ek Date to take the offer letter was reasonable.

Mind you, CISCO has best [read hottest] HRs in the whole networking industry in Bangalore.

Take my words on it. ;)

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Vatsy said...

@Prits
Exceptions are always there!!! I had already met her during my interview ;)

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger kaushik said...

I hope she does not read the comments section 'by-mistake'

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Shubhi said...

Nice! :)))))))

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home